Adding malawi s.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spoor3773

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, I currently have a 63gal mixed Malawi tank which currently houses eight mixed Malawi. I want to increase this number however what's the best way to go about it. I tried adding an aulonocara the other day but the other occupants killed it in under six hours. Cheers.

Hi all, I currently have a 63gal mixed Malawi tank which currently houses eight mixed Malawi. I want to increase this number however what's the best way to go about it. I tried adding an aulonocara the other day but the other occupants killed it in under six hours. Cheers.

You need to rearrange all the aquascaping in your tank prior to releasing the new occupants. This will put the established fish in the position of having to establish new territories and will get the newly introduced fish a greater chance of surviving.

Also turn out the lights before adding and keep off for a day or so. I feed mine a few hours before adding and then rearrange right before adding the new fish. Adding several is better they can't prey on one single fish.

...I tried adding an aulonocara the other day...

I agree with Bl80. You've got to add more than one at a time (4+, unless you have a bunch of the same kind already in the tank that will provide a 'crowd' that it can melt into or if it a more aggressive species than the established fish).

Back
Top Bottom