Adding more Cichlids to my 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the first part sucks because I had no idea how i was getting him out lol but this is what he did right after..... he gains his color RIGHT away and has been chasing the fish since then

the first part sucks because I had no idea how i was getting him out lol but this is what he did right after..... he gains his color RIGHT away and has been chasing the fish since then

Those are both male and by the looks of it they are not going to stop till one is dead. Lock him back up, your going to need to get rid of him after that if you add more try to get females.

Those are both male and by the looks of it they are not going to stop till one is dead. Lock him back up, your going to need to get rid of him after that if you add more try to get females.

Okay. I am doing a wc right now did a 80% yesterday and gonna do another 80% today and change the rocks since i have to get him out. I have 4 males and 3 and then will have 3&3 so should i get rid of the other male also that he is fighting with and get two females?

Okay. I am doing a wc right now did a 80% yesterday and gonna do another 80% today and change the rocks since i have to get him out. I have 4 males and 3 and then will have 3&3 so should i get rid of the other male also that he is fighting with and get two females?

So it will be 2 males and 5 females?

The other problem.... will the other males (cobalt, strawberry,) pick on the female labs?? Should i just make it so there is just males in the 55 and take the female labs out and put the 3 into a 29? Or will they be fine in the 55 with 2 more?

2 male 6 females or more females would be better.

The other problem.... will the other males (cobalt,; strawberry,) pick on the female labs?? Should i just make it so there is just males in the 55 and take the female labs out and put the 3 into a 29? Or will they be fine in the 55 with 2 more?

If everything was good when you took the one male out then I wouldn't worry about. They will hopefully leave them alone.

Edit Oops sorry double posted

I think i actually only have 2 females.... and 5 soon to be 4 males. Should i just get rid of the two females? And make it so its just 7 males?? The 4 males i will have after i sell the mean boy and then get 3 more males?

I think i actually only have 2 females.... and 5 soon to be 4 males. Should i just get rid of the two females? And make it so its just 7 males?? The 4 males i will have after i sell the mean boy and then get 3 more males?

Go for the females or just rehome the one male sense they was fine without him on there

Go for the females or just rehome the one male sense they was fine without him on there

I didn't put most of the big pieces of slate in the tank but i put almost all of the small pieces in. There was a person asking about the male for sale two days ago and another person the just asked about him.

ForumRunner_20130422_125357.jpg

ForumRunner_20130422_125410.jpg

ForumRunner_20130422_125426.jpg

I didn't put most of the big pieces of slate in the tank but i put almost all of the small pieces in. There was a person asking about the male for sale two days ago and another person the just asked about him.

Great are they all still doing good with him not being in there?

Great are they all still doing good with him not being in there?

I think so. I have not sat there and watched them lately. I'm not sure if it was from him but the female i got and was already beat up, bow has a rip in its side fin.

There is a cobalt that isn't moving much and has it fins clamped, also only uses its one fin

I am kind of lost as to what to Do... with the cobalt that isn't happy, do i take him out?? And sell him? Or when he is better can it be added back? Also the yellow lab... can they both go into a 10g?

I am kind of lost as to what to Do... with the cobalt that isn't happy, do i take him out?? And sell him? Or when he is better can it be added back? Also the yellow lab... can they both go into a 10g?

Well as long as the cobalt isn't being picked on now it should get better. But you can use the ten gallon till he gets better, not long term.

Well as long as the cobalt isn't being picked on now it should get better. But you can use the ten gallon till he gets better, not long term.

Yes it wouldn't be long term only until he is happy. Can they both go in there and then when they are better. Can they be added to the 55 again or will they be picked on

Yes it wouldn't be long term only until he is happy. Can they both go in there and then when they are better. Can they be added to the 55 again or will they be picked on

They may kill each other and a ten gallon is to small for long term. I'd only put the worst one in first.

Canada gets some super aggressive fish that are normally pretty peaceful, don't get it. These is odd and one never seen a problem aggression wise like this before.

They may kill each other and a ten gallon is to small for long term. I'd only put the worst one in first.

Canada gets some super aggressive fish that are normally pretty peaceful, don't get it. These is odd and one never seen a problem aggression wise like this before.

Okay. I will pick only one then and put the other one into the green thing the bad guy was in. I just sold him!! :)

Haha no kidding! They are suppose to be calm.... they aren't lol. I don't know what one is worse... the one has a chunk out of each side fin and a rip and the other one (cobalt) has its fins clamped and stays near the top of the slat using one fin

Back
Top Bottom