Adding more Cichlids to my 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I put her back in once she was all healed... did everything you said and her tail was half gone the next day so she is going back into the 19 gallon and then going to heal her then try and sell her

Don't worry she should heal fully 1 of my cichlids was attacked by 1 of my older cichlid he fully healed now he lost his whole tail

Don't worry she should heal fully 1 of my cichlids was attacked by 1 of my older cichlid he fully healed now he lost his whole tail

Yes she had half her tail gone and i fed her twice a day small amounts in a 10g and now she is.back in there to heal again

Yes she had half her tail gone and i fed her twice a day small amounts in a 10g and now she is.back in there to heal again

I came home from being away for 4 days.... and i found my dark red favourite strawberry peacock.... dead.....

Aww thats soo sad.. did you check your water parameters and do a large water change before you left ?

Kind of... i did a 80%-85% on the 17th in the morning and left the night of the 18th and just got back a little bit ago

Hmmmmm..... maybe it was just a combination of water quality and bullying .. isnt that the 2nd fish you have had die from the same symptoms?

There was nothing wrong with him.... yes he was a weaker one... and he had two small chunks out of his tail but that was from about a month ago. He knew how to fight back.

Hmmmmm..... maybe it was just a combination of water quality and bullying .. isnt that the 2nd fish you have had die from the same symptoms?

I have had three die now and had to sell one and going to have to sell another one here soon ( one in the hospital) i lost a peacock, cobalt, and ob

I have had three die now and had to sell one and going to have to sell another one here soon ( one in the hospital) i lost a peacock, cobalt, and ob

I just took a video of my cichlid tank.... you can see who the main bullies are. The bigger OB (he's very fat because he eats all the food and doesn't share!) The two big cobalt that have locked lips a few times, the two dominant electric yellow males (have locked lips before but not in the video) and then there was a dominant and another one going in circles first time i think. I have a feeling the one strawberry peacock is going to get picked on now....? I will upload the video tomorrow when i wake up. Can there be more then one cichlid in a 29? My mom doesn't want me to get rid of the one currently in the 10g but i don't want her by herself in that tank... to boring

Ok i googled it and consulted with Andrew :) so it seems that sometimes poor water quality or.fish disease like ich, parastes or velvet can cause clamped fins along with other things that stress the fish .. so i suggest this week to do a couple more water changes then normal 25%-50% and rearrange your rocks (to help with the lip locking duo) then montior the water levels and fish for any signs of change.. if that doesnt work then start removing the fish that is in the worst condition to the 29g and swap them out accordingly until the problem is cleared up .. i dont think 2 fish that arent the same (ex. 1 ob zebra and 1 peacock) or even 2 males would be safe in the 29g

Also i would google the symptoms for more information. I just searched what causes african cichlids to clamp fins..

I would for sure not be putting like two dominant males into the 29 but i was thinking maybe the weak female electric and the now lonely peacock that i think is a female...

I think she will be fine in a tank by her self ad long her tank interesting

What do you mean long her tank interesting? And no, none of my friends or annnyyy one i know has cichlids or fish for that matter lol. I fall in love with my fish... i am still sad about that big bully i had to sell... i always think, i could have kept him, just get him his own tank :(

What do you mean long her tank interesting? And no, none of my friends or annnyyy one i know has cichlids or fish for that matter lol. I fall in love with my fish... i am still sad about that big bully i had to sell... i always think, i could have kept him, just get him his own tank :(

Cichlid love swimming in & out of rocks & plants me like nibbling them something to do I also got a croc air stone which open & closes they seem to like it or go to back to the fish & ask which other fish would be suitable to go in with her & not bully her again she sounds like a nice fish post a pic if u can

Cichlid love swimming in & out of rocks & plants me like nibbling them something to do I also got a croc air stone which open & closes they seem to like it or go to back to the fish & ask which other fish would be suitable to go in with her & not bully her again she sounds like a nice fish post a pic if u can

There is two pics from before and two pics of her as of today. She is nothing special and the black strip is very faint. She has a personality though :)

ForumRunner_20130522_233110.jpg

ForumRunner_20130522_233133.jpg

ForumRunner_20130522_233151.jpg

ForumRunner_20130522_233204.jpg

She lovely she looks a lot like 1 of mine but she sticks up for her self with my other fish

Or some acei...they seem to like swimming around top of tank so wouldnt bother others too much. And what is the electric u. Have?

Back
Top Bottom