Adding more Cichlids to my 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
okay what if i got 2 sunshine yellow peacocks and make it so I have 6 yellow labs (add 1) and get another cobalt blue???
no I would get two strawberry peacocks prob. I need to put the order of the fish in like a min ago.... should i do two strawberrry???? then add 1 yellow electric and some cobalt later?

That's fine
okay She doesnt have to order the strawberry ones... but i have to get there before they close now. She said she has two really bright ones and then I am putting those in today and then getting maybe another cobalt today?? and the yellow lab later

okay She doesnt have to order the strawberry ones... but i have to get there before they close now. She said she has two really bright ones and then I am putting those in today and then getting maybe another cobalt today?? and the yellow lab later

Ok you can add anytime really until they get mature

My dad will be here in 5 mins... so the stock will be okay for 2 strawberry peacock, 2 coblats but now 3 cobalts. 5 labs. 1 red blotch???

My dad will be here in 5 mins... so the stock will be okay for 2 strawberry peacock, 2 coblats but now 3 cobalts. 5 labs. 1 red blotch???

Yep and you could still come up a few more if ya wanted. But you don't have to right away. It will probably be best on the tank to wait a couple weeks for the bio load to catch up

Yep and you could still come up a few more if ya wanted. But you don't have to right away. It will probably be best on the tank to wait a couple weeks for the bio load to catch up

Okay i got 2 strawberry peacocks. One is really bright and one is basically all white with a bit of red. It that white one a female? Will i then need more of them?

ForumRunner_20130318_190258.jpg

ForumRunner_20130318_190308.jpg

Okay i got 2 strawberry peacocks. One is really bright and one is basically all white with a bit of red. It that white one a female? Will i then need more of them?

View attachment 160609

View attachment 160610
I read that the color is man-made?? Neither of them have the egg dots on the bottom fine. do the peacocks get them? Also Since I currently have 5 electric labs, 2 strawberry peacock, 2 coblat blue, 1 red blotch. all male but 3 electric yellows are females. also i think the bright male is trying to mate with some of the females. should I add anything else to my tank? 10 fish and 2 bnp's

I read that the color is man-made?? Neither of them have the egg dots on the bottom fine. do the peacocks get them? Also Since I currently have 5 electric labs, 2 strawberry peacock, 2 coblat blue, 1 red blotch. all male but 3 electric yellows are females. also i think the bright male is trying to mate with some of the females. should I add anything else to my tank? 10 fish and 2 bnp's

Anyone??

I would raise some of what you have in the mbuna area. As far as the peacocks go strawberry is a man made one. Peacocks do get egg spots, on mine they are more smeared then a dot.

I would raise some of what you have in the mbuna area. As far as the peacocks go strawberry is a man made one. Peacocks do get egg spots, on mine they are more smeared then a dot.

Okay there is one almost3 inches and has no dots. The dominant cobalt is now picking on the other one.... his fins are clamping a bit and swims on his side when the other cobalt goes near him. Should i get more of them.... or?

Okay there is one almost3 inches and has no dots. The dominant cobalt is now picking on the other one.... his fins are clamping a bit and swims on his side when the other cobalt goes near him. Should i get more of them.... or?

Yes get more of them to dread the aggression out

Yes get more of them to dread the aggression out

Okay should i get two more of them? And its fine if its more males? I also want to up the yellow labs cus the big male is being a butt to the other two males. So 7labs, 4 cobalt, 1 ob zebra, 2 strawberry peacock and only one bnp now?

Okay should i get two more of them? And its fine if its more males? I also want to up the yellow labs cus the big male is being a butt to the other two males. So 7labs, 4 cobalt, 1 ob zebra, 2 strawberry peacock and only one bnp now?

You can go up to 18 so however you want to do it is fine

Okay even having the 6 inch fish?

Yea it will be ok

But if i were to get one other red blotch zebra.... i will have problems later so i can't really do it anyway i want

Do this
7 labs, 6 cobalt, 2 strawberry, 3 ob

Your going to have aggression and your going to have some fights. Your not going to be able to stop it completely it's their natural instincts.

Last edited:
Yea it will be ok

Do this
7 labs, 6 cobalt, 2 strawberry, 3 ob

Your going to have aggression and your going to have some fights. Your not going to be able to stop it completely it's their natural instincts.

Okay that does sound good.... will here be a problem with the ob number being low? Like the problem the cobalts are having now?

Okay that does sound good.... will here be a problem with the ob number being low? Like the problem the cobalts are having now?

It should calm down some having higher numbers in the tank. You'll probably have some aggression still but it's normal. Once they figure out who is going to be dominated.and sub dominate things should calm down some. What temperature is the tank at? A higher temp makes them more frisky

Back
Top Bottom