Adding more Cichlids to my 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Every tank is different you'll only know from adding and testing the water. Remember yours aren't full grown yet so the bio load is less now then it will be. I would try to not go over 22 or so

Kjacks tank is a lot bigger then yours. She was saying that because of ordering online and getting more then expected
okay sounds good. I will try and stay with the 18 then.... worst comes to worst... one gets picked on and i put it in the 10g then sell it or somthing. I think i will keep my temp at 78. I don't want to go to cold

Every tank is different you'll only know from adding and testing the water. Remember yours aren't full grown yet so the bio load is less now then it will be. I would try to not go over 22 or so

Kjacks tank is a lot bigger then yours. She was saying that because of ordering online and getting more then expected

Yea i have a 125g im not sure how many liters that is .. i had 22 fish in my tank when it was a 55g but i upgraded to a bigger longer tank so i have like 50+ fish now which i think is more then andrew unless he has added fish :)

Yea i have a 125g im not sure how many liters thats is .. i had 22 fish in my tank when it was a 55g but i upgraded to a bigger longer tank so i have like 50+ fish now which i think is more then andrew unless he has added fish :)

So its about one fish per 3 gallons? I am going to try and just stay with the 18 fish because i May not keep up on water changes all the time cus things happen

So its about one fish per 3 gallons? I am going to try and just stay with the 18 fish because i May not keep up on water changes all the time cus things happen

I think if you stick with the 18 ir later decide to add 2-3 more you would be fine but like Andrew has said every tank is different. I got away with it just fine but my fish werent full grown . I also made sure i did a wster change every week even if it wasnt but 25% plus i hate a dirty tank so i clean whether really have time or want to or not . But I do understand stuff happens

I think if you stick with the 18 ir later decide to add 2-3 more you would be fine but like Andrew has said every tank is different. I got away with it just fine but my fish werent full grown . I also made sure i did a wster change every week even if it wasnt but 25% plus i hate a dirty tank so i clean whether really have time or want to or not . But I do understand stuff happens

Yeah and i wont be upgrading because it will be to heavy and my dad said no more tanks lol. I don't want to kill my fish from the water not being good or from bullying... i also would hate to have to re home a fish because i love all of them

Yeah and i wont be upgrading because it will be to heavy and my dad said no more tanks lol. I don't want to kill my fish from the water not being good or from bullying... i also would hate to have to re home a fish because i love all of them
I got my special order of fish early!!! the two coblats, one is beat up a bit and with the electric yellows its a female and a male... and the female is almost white and her tail is really bad... will it grow back?

I got my special order of fish early!!! the two coblats, one is beat up a bit and with the electric yellows its a female and a male... and the female is almost white and her tail is really bad... will it grow back?

It will grow back as long as the nipping stops

Or maybe its being stubborn and just not wanting to eat bc its not used to that food or its settling in to the new environment. I had a few not eating much until they got comfortle

It should be fine if it doesn't look sick. Maybe it's a she and she has a mouthful of fry. Can you get a picture of the side and mouth?
I will add a video tomorrow. Its on YouTube but i can't link it from my phone.

Or maybe its being stubborn and just not wanting to eat bc its not used to that food or its settling in to the new environment. I had a few not eating much until they got comfortle
that one freezes lots but you can see a bit still. the one in the top corner isnt the new one... that one has become unhappy also.
this one is better and the new fish is at 2 mins 30 seconds

With that one, I just took it and I tryed to feed the ob and it wouldnt eat. im not sure if it is a male... it does have two dots I think...

The small OB is still not eating and its been since april 4th, when i got him... or her. The new yellow one I got on wednesday this week is eating and all but has its tail and fins clamped and now another one is starting to do the same. I now have 3-4 cichlids that are not happy... 2OB and 2 labs

The small OB is still not eating and its been since april 4th, when i got him... or her. The new yellow one I got on wednesday this week is eating and all but has its tail and fins clamped and now another one is starting to do the same. I now have 3-4 cichlids that are not happy... 2OB and 2 labs

The ob looks like it has a sunken belly. They are going to pick on it if it's the weakest link. I seen her bob her mouth a couple times like she was tumbling fry. But she is so thin in the rear I couldn't really tell. Is its gills popped out and look baggy under her mouth?

Would remove her and put it into another tank, to ne safe.

The ob looks like it has a sunken belly. They are going to pick on it if it's the weakest link. I seen her bob her mouth a couple times like she was tumbling fry. But she is so thin in the rear I couldn't really tell. Is its gills popped out and look baggy under her mouth?

Ehhhh no not really.ill try another video

I think it is a male now... and what is sunken belly? there is now like 3 that are all weak and just float at the top and the ob sits at the bottom. they do pick on him

I think it is a male now... and what is sunken belly? there is now like 3 that are all weak and just float at the top and the ob sits at the bottom. they do pick on him

Is it just that one male yellow lab that's picking on it? Maybe it's a female and that's why.

It doesn't have sunken belly. It has black blotches on its underside that I couldn't see in the other picture. Face/ gills all look normal so it has to be aggression. Its normally just one

Back
Top Bottom