Adding more Cichlids to my 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am going to put holes in it tomorrow morning. Should i do them like ---- that found in diameter?

Yea I would space them a little more. You really won't need a whole lot of them. Just do the bottom of it and make them small so if you ever need it again for anything it will be ok.

Yea I would space them a little more. You really won't need a whole lot of them. Just do the bottom of it and make them small so if you ever need it again for anything it will be ok.

Okay so i will make them like () < that round ish... and space them like 1 inch apart... do like 10-15 holes

I woke up to.... the fish... not in the garbage can lol. I made holes in the bottom but my dad took the drill so i had to use a knife lol. This is what they look like and this is him back in there :p

They all look calmer, do they to you?
Yes, I do think they are a bit more calm. There is not fish sitting at the top of the tank anymore. I have noticed that another male lab that looks almost the same as him, is now starting to get a bit more mean. not like the one in the time out is but a bit more then he use to be. When the other guy goes back him he will prob straighten him out lol.

Yes, I do think they are a bit more calm. There is not fish sitting at the top of the tank anymore. I have noticed that another male lab that looks almost the same as him, is now starting to get a bit more mean. not like the one in the time out is but a bit more then he use to be. When the other guy goes back him he will prob straighten him out lol.

By you removing him the dominate one another will take his place. There will always be one lets just hope this one doesn't turn as mean. Keep a good eye on them for the next few days. If all is still well then I'd try adding the other back in the next week. If he turns again or goes onto a killing rampage your going to need to rehome him elsewhere.

By you removing him the dominate one another will take his place. There will always be one lets just hope this one doesn't turn as mean. Keep a good eye on them for the next few days. If all is still well then I'd try adding the other back in the next week. If he turns again or goes onto a killing rampage your going to need to rehome him elsewhere.
okay sounds good. I thought for a sec i put the wrong fish in the time out because the other one now looks just like him, all bright and getting some darker yellow lines. I will watch him. he does pick on the labs but right now he is minding his own business.

Sorry my internet has been acting up i never could load your videos..dang weather .. i watched the newest one they look good ... your fish are pretty ..
aweee thank you! I love them all. I only like nice fish not beat up fish but ehh it happens i guess. I love all the colors. thanks you andrew I have just enough yellow, blue and so on. speaking of that... should I get another OB?

aweee thank you! I love them all. I only like nice fish not beat up fish but ehh it happens i guess. I love all the colors. thanks you andrew I have just enough yellow, blue and so on. speaking of that... should I get another OB?

How's the water been testing? Also how many of each do you have now? Sorry I have trouble keeping everyone's threads memorized. It may be worth getting more to keep spreading the aggression out.

7labs 2ob 2 strawberry with the 1 ob dead.. i think i would get atleast 2 ob if not 3 depending on how the water tested and be sure to keep an eye on the water levels and continue doimg your water changes

I left out 6 cobalts didnt i.. hmm i think i would still do 2 or 3 ob

7labs 2ob 2 strawberry with the 1 ob dead.. i think i would get atleast 2 ob if not 3 depending on how the water tested and be sure to keep an eye on the water levels and continue doimg your water changes

I left out 6 cobalts didnt i.. hmm i think i would still do 2 or 3 ob
yes its 7 labs, 6 cobalt. 2 Ob, 2 strawberry peacock. I tested all my water yesterday... The 55 tank was the best turn out... my levels were all bad though..

The tap water: Ph 6.6-6.8 / ammonia 0ppm / nitrite 0ppm / nitrate 5ppm-10ppm (usually is about 20ppm-30ppm though)

29 Goldfish: ph 7.6 / ammonia 0ppm-.25ppm Hard to tell / nitrite 0ppm / nitrate almost 160ppm

10 with shrimp/neons: Ph 7.6 / ammonia oppm-.25ppm (two shrimp died) nitrite 0ppm / nitrate 80ppm-120ppm ish

55 cichlid: ph 7.6 / ammonia 0ppm / nitrite 0ppm / nitrate 20ppm-40ppm

didnt test my 29 gourami tank yet, my arm hurt after lol
All of those tests were also 3-31/2 days after a 50% water change

yes its 7 labs, 6 cobalt. 2 Ob, 2 strawberry peacock. I tested all my water yesterday... The 55 tank was the best turn out... my levels were all bad though..

The tap water: Ph 6.6-6.8 / ammonia 0ppm / nitrite 0ppm / nitrate 5ppm-10ppm (usually is about 20ppm-30ppm though)

29 Goldfish: ph 7.6 / ammonia 0ppm-.25ppm Hard to tell / nitrite 0ppm / nitrate almost 160ppm

10 with shrimp/neons: Ph 7.6 / ammonia oppm-.25ppm (two shrimp died) nitrite 0ppm / nitrate 80ppm-120ppm ish

55 cichlid: ph 7.6 / ammonia 0ppm / nitrite 0ppm / nitrate 20ppm-40ppm

didnt test my 29 gourami tank yet, my arm hurt after lol
All of those tests were also 3-31/2 days after a 50% water change

Hmmm.. Actually if it was me and you plan on keeping the 7labs I would add 1 more cobalt to make it 7 and then the 2 strawberry and 2 ob bc i like to have my numbers even which I tried to order 4 of all mine but since i got extras it didnt work :(

But its gonna prolly make your nitrates get higher I think maybe you should add another water change or change more frequently

Hmmm.. Actually if it was me and you plan on keeping the 7labs I would add 1 more cobalt to make it 7 and then the 2 strawberry and 2 ob bc i like to have my numbers even which I tried to order 4 of all mine but since i got extras it didnt work :(

But its gonna prolly make your nitrates get higher I think maybe you should add another water change or change more frequently
yeah I kind of like my numbers being the same to but I would rather there be no aggression then the same numbers. The newer OB does not look happy. It has never been the happiest fish but i though maybe he would get happier but nopppee. I have also did a 75% wc on the 5th, 50% wc on the 9th and then tested on the 12th

yeah I kind of like my numbers being the same to but I would rather there be no aggression then the same numbers. The newer OB does not look happy. It has never been the happiest fish but i though maybe he would get happier but nopppee. I have also did a 75% wc on the 5th, 50% wc on the 9th and then tested on the 12th
uuuhhhhmmmm He just got out again... I am getting mad! :(

Lol .. you think maybe your dad or mom is letting him out ?
I gotad last night and put him on craiglists lol so hopefully he sells soon. I am going to be putting ly goldfish out in the pond so i have a diff tank

Back
Top Bottom