Adding more Cichlids to my 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It should calm down some having higher numbers in the tank. You'll probably have some aggression still but it's normal. Once they figure out who is going to be dominated.and sub dominate things should calm down some. What temperature is the tank at? A higher temp makes them more frisky

Its at 80f

Completely accurate.. i bought a longer tank to help with my aggression but even with the extra length i still have some fights here n there

My cobalt blue mouths are getting darker like where they have been bit or hit from them fighting

Lower it to 78f and that should calm them down a little.

Okay will do! Ill put it down one now and another degree in about 2 hours. Alsoooo i did a water change almost a week ago and did a 75% and didn't put the epsom salt back in. They are not fat or anything. Should i leave it as is and let it get to nothing and add it when needed?

Okay will do! Ill put it down one now and another degree in about 2 hours. Alsoooo i did a water change almost a week ago and did a 75% and didn't out the epsom salt back in. They are not fat or anything. Should i leave it as is and let it get to nothing and add it when needed?

Yea if the bloat is gone then it's not needed. Just hold onto it for future use.

My cobalt blue mouths are getting darker like where they have been bit or hit from them fighting

Mine has some scarring on their mouths where they have locked lips a few times i havent had serious injuries yet and since beig moved in the bigger tank fighting hasnt happened as often an usually is just chasing except when one gets closer to my female thats holding fry . Then they back up n charge each other . Kinda like playing chicken .. its kinda funny

Mine has some scarring on their mouths where they have locked lips a few times i havent had serious injuries yet and since beig moved in the bigger tank fighting hasnt happened as often an usually is just chasing except when one gets closer to my female thats holding fry . Then they back up n charge each other . Kinda like playing chicken .. its kinda funny

So when the fish list says like lab (2-2.5) 15 of them then cobalt blue M 15 of them.... what size is it?

Yeah its mainly just chasing but sometimes they nip the other fish. There is a bit missing out of the top fin on the dominant male cobalt. I hope adding the 8 mote fish doesn't make it so there is more fish to pick on

Yea if they list them by size then they probably just don't say over and over. Its just 2-2.5" and then list all the fish at that size and how many. You'll have to ask the lfs how they do it and what it means that's just my guess

Ohhhhh okay i will ask them thank you. Is it bad if the fish are .5-1 inch bigger then my current ones?

Ohhhhh okay i will ask them thank you. Is it bad if the fish are .5-1 inch bigger then my current ones?

If they are to much bigger than they may eat each other. But an inch to two shouldn't be a problem. BTW IMO they always list them bigger than they are.

If they are to much bigger than they may eat each other. But an inch to two shouldn't be a problem. BTW IMO they always list them bigger than they are.

Ohhh okay like if they have to round they round up not down. The fish i have are exactly 2 inches and they have 2.5 inch fish for me to order and M might mean a bit closer to 3 maybe. I do have a 2.5 strawberry peacock in there and he just stays in one spot doesn't do much lol

Sooo.... I got a few more fish on thursday. I currently have
5 electric labs
4 coblat blue
3 red blotch zebra
2 strawberry peacock
It looks kind of full now. are you sure that there will be enough room for the 18 in there? should I still get two more cobalts and 2 labs? The one ob that I originaly had, is picking on the one new one and the smaller new one, has been in the top corner for the past two days....

Sooo.... I got a few more fish on thursday. I currently have
5 electric labs
4 coblat blue
3 red blotch zebra
2 strawberry peacock
It looks kind of full now. are you sure that there will be enough room for the 18 in there? should I still get two more cobalts and 2 labs? The one ob that I originaly had, is picking on the one new one and the smaller new one, has been in the top corner for the past two days....
They should get use to each other. 18 is actually kind of a low number to some folks here.

They should get use to each other. 18 is actually kind of a low number to some folks here.
really? Will the nitrate level be okay? I am only going to be doing water changes every 8 -10 days. and i do 50% some times more

Back
Top Bottom