Adding more Cichlids to my 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it just that one male yellow lab that's picking on it? Maybe it's a female and that's why.

It doesn't have sunken belly. It has black blotches on its underside that I couldn't see in the other picture. Face/ gills all look normal so it has to be aggression. Its normally just one

I think so... but uhhh... now its like almost dieing.... the only tank he can go in has some high levels... some ammonia and a bit high trates... but him in anway??

I think so... but uhhh... now its like almost dieing.... the only tank he can go in has some high levels... some ammonia and a bit high trates... but him in anway??

Put them both in time out. What I normally do is get a big plastic sized food container and fill it part of the way up with tank water. Then float it on top of the tank they are in now. 2 times a day just take the water out and replace with the water in the tank. Just swap it out. Hold the zebra till it looks better. The other one you may need to rehome. Sometimes you'll get one that is just a little wacky, that is actually odd for a lab. I've had one that I took out and then put back in and it settled way down.

Put them both in time out. What I normally do is get a big plastic sized food container and fill it part of the way up with tank water. Then float it on top of the tank they are in now. 2 times a day just take the water out and replace with the water in the tank. Just swap it out. Hold the zebra till it looks better. The other one you may need to rehome. Sometimes you'll get one that is just a little wacky, that is actually odd for a lab. I've had one that I took out and then put back in and it settled way down.
the OB zebra just died.... I think I will use my garbage can and fill it up with 4L and float it with that pain in the A$$$$$$ lab fish...

the OB zebra just died.... I think I will use my garbage can and fill it up with 4L and float it with that pain in the A$$$$$$ lab fish...

Oh my it didn't look that bad in the video. Sorry for the loss :(

Yea put him in time out and hold him for a week or two in there. Then try adding him back if he.starts again with another then your going to need to take him to a lfs or give him a tank on his own with more aggressive Africans.

Oh my it didn't look that bad in the video. Sorry for the loss :(

Yea put him in time out and hold him for a week or two in there. Then try adding him back if he.starts again with another then your going to need to take him to a lfs or give him a tank on his own with more aggressive Africans.
yeah he started swimming on his side right after, thank you. i got to hold him and keep him upright. That is gonna suck becasue I have to take the top lid off.... but I guess its only a week and i will come up with somthing to keep the garbage can in one spot

yeah he started swimming on his side right after, thank you. i got to hold him and keep him upright. That is gonna suck becasue I have to take the top lid off.... but I guess its only a week and i will come up with somthing to keep the garbage can in one spot

I just duck tape it to the tank support or glass.

I used a clip to hold papers. Should i try and get flow or anything? Or let him be?

Don't spoil him! He was bad and put him in time out haha. Let him be, I don't do anything special other than replace the water. Don't feed him much of anything because it will foul the water fast.

Don't spoil him! He was bad and put him in time out haha. Let him be, I don't do anything special other than replace the water. Don't feed him much of anything because it will foul the water fast.

Okay lol can i feed him one pellet every morning? Its a bit bigger then . <that lol. He is at the bottom with his fins clamped

Okay lol can i feed him one pellet every morning? Its a bit bigger then . <that lol. He is at the bottom with his fins clamped

He will lay there and probably not move because he is mad. When you feed him make sure he eats it or take it out.

Sense he has been out has the tank changed at all?

He will lay there and probably not move because he is mad. When you feed him make sure he eats it or take it out.

Sense he has been out has the tank changed at all?

Idk i have not looked at the tank since. I took all the slate out so there currently isn't any but i will go check in a few mins

Idk i have not looked at the tank since. I took all the slate out so there currently isn't any but i will go check in a few mins

I think they are doing better.. everyone is moving nobody at the top. Here is the time out thing lol. I think its a bit more then milk jug

ForumRunner_20130412_190739.jpg

ForumRunner_20130412_190753.jpg

Great! Turn the lights off and let them rest without someone beating them up.

Sooo i will give it a week and change the water at least twice a day but i might do it when i wake up, lunch time and before i go to bed

Sooo i will give it a week and change the water at least twice a day but i might do it when i wake up, lunch time and before i go to bed

How do i change the water? Dump the water he is in now into the tank and fill it with new water or dump the water he is in now into the sink and get new water from the tank and but new water into the tank?

How do i change the water? Dump the water he is in now into the tank and fill it with new water or dump the water he is in now into the sink and get new water from the tank and but new water into the tank?

I just use a cup and scoop most of the water out as low as it will go and then replace. Actually if you wanted you can put homes in the bucket and then you wouldn't need to do any of the above.

I just use a cup and scoop most of the water out as low as it will go and then replace. Actually if you wanted you can put homes in the bucket and then you wouldn't need to do any of the above.

Put homes? Do you mean holes?

Putting holes in it could work... i won't have a garbage can then.... but i could always just get another one... or just put lots of holes in the bottom and when it gets full of garbage you won't be able to tell :p

Back
Top Bottom