advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katybaby

Aquarium Advice Regular
there are little white specs of something all through my water. what is it ?

Have you done a recent water change? Are they micro bubbles? A pic would really help

aaronjohn20 said:
Have you done a recent water change? Are they micro bubbles? A pic would really help

yeah i have been doin regular changes. and they do look like little bubbles. i cant get a clear pic

How long ago was your last water change and how much did you change. My tank always has micro bubbles after I do a 50% or so pwc. If they are micro bubbles they should go away within 12-24 hrs

Are they moving ie: wiggling? Do they resemble a tiny worm? Is so then it is planaria. It is not harmful. They appear when you have an abundance of left over food that settles in the substrate. Some fish eat them. More water changes with vacuuming the substrate and feeding less will help. Again, they are not harmful. If it is not what I described then hopefully someone else will chime in.

no they are not moving and they dont look like worms :)

Do you have an airstone? Maybe it's making extra teeny bubbles? Could it be little bits of algae?

no but i have a air curtain ? could that do the same thing

If it make bubbles it could. Maybe shut the air curtain off for a couple hours and see if they go away.

ok i will do that and let u guys know if they go away :)

Back
Top Bottom