Advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

B_Kelleher60

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55gal tank and it only has two fish in it now. It had three. I had two salvini cichlids and one jack Dempsey. The jacks Dempsey killed one of the salvini's and is starting to bully the other one. They're both younger fish and are pretty small. Is there any way I can avoid the salvini getting killed?

I have a 55gal tank and it only has two fish in it now. It had three. I had two salvini cichlids and one jack Dempsey. The jacks Dempsey killed one of the salvini's and is starting to bully the other one. They're both younger fish and are pretty small. Is there any way I can avoid the salvini getting killed?

Put a divider in or upgrade tank size... or if u really don't want to get rid of either of them, add more hiding spots. How big are they right now?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Salvini must be much smaller cause they are typically the trouble makers. Do you have enough caves in the tank both fish love there hiding spots and are very territorial. I would rearrange the tank add more hiding spots and if there is still aggression i would rehome one of them.

Back
Top Bottom