advice on tank mates for jack dempsey's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sith j

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have two jack dempseys in a 75 gal, they are 3in and figured that i had room for two more fish. i was thinking a pair of green terrors or a pair of firemouths. what does anyone else think. tia

I have never kept jack dempseys, but I have a friend who has a breeding pair and they keep it with a black ghost knife. Those fish have lived happily together for some time now...

Firemouths aren't as aggressive as JD's, jewels or convicts would stand up to them better. Not sure about the green terrors, they may be a bit rougher than the JD's.

how fast do bgk grow.

im not wanting to breed a lot mabe should get one convict and one green terror or one severum. since i already have a two jd. im not sure of the sex of the jd's

Single specimens would probably work in the tank; think of it as a SA/CA community tank. Breeding pairs in a 75 gallon is asking for trouble, in both my opinion and experience.

well i got one red terror and one green terror, the only scuffles seem to be between my to dempseys. i will keep an eye on them. all fish are relatively the same size, i think i should be ok. lets see whats happens when they are 10 inches.

Back
Top Bottom