Advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djhamp

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 55 gal with 16 or so africans, yellow labs, peacocks, etc (i need to get a accurate list). I got liitle guys to start (~1"). Its been running about 3 months and doing well, the fish are growing like crazy.

Petco has their $1 a gallon sale on aquariums almost ending so I bought another 55. I wanted to get a bigger one and use it for africans, kind of an extension of what I have, moving them around for balance, but the sale is only up to 55.

When I got the tank I was looking at the new world selection and got the bug to go that way with the new tank, they have some cool big fish at pretty good prices. Green terror, red & turquoise jewels, severum's, etc. Nice colorful fish that are different then I have now. But if I go that way I wont be able to move them back & forth for balance, fighting, quarantine or whatever.

Does that make sense? I can see now why people keep getting tanks, its addicting!

More Tanks

I've got the bug also.....I just purchased a 55 from "PetSmart" for $149.95....Including heater, filter, hood and light set up. Thought that was a pretty good deal. I think I will upgrade the filter system though.......the one it comes with is sub-par.....IMO. Is this a good deal or not ????

Its a pretty good deal, depends on what you end up keeping. A hood & lights & heater is going to cost ~ $100 I would guess so you are right at what I am going to end up spending. If you were going to get led lights then the package looks less tempting.

Back
Top Bottom