afra courting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

christine2012

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi guys.
Some of you may remember a few months ago when I posted about a holding afra. Well, I never got to see the spawn so I don't know the signs.
Recently, when my male displays for my little lady she will start to display male colors. Only for a split second though. Tonight I noticed that she seemed unusually interested in his little shimmy. When he did this her colors would pop! Normally she will just completely ignore him and go about her business. Is her coloration indication of a possible brood?

Thanks
Christine

interesting thing about the colours there, haven't heard that about a female before! my old female cobalt blue zebra would colour up when the males tried to get with her... but only because it was a show of aggression, to not be messed with. your female, is she chasing him off or watching him or joining him?

Hey, thanks for your response!

She's just kind of watching him, actually today she started to circle with him. So hopefully she isn't just being aggressive! I'd like to have a surviving brood from these two :)

I haven't noticed her color up today yet, but she seems to do it more in the evening

Back
Top Bottom