African Butterfly Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lordT

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any personal experiences with these? I have been reading a ton about them and was thinking of getting some to put in with my Kribensis breeding pair. I read also that they are difficult to sex so any help or insight into sexing would be awesome.

Do you have a scientific name? A lot if fish go by butterfly, The only fish I know of is Aulonocara Jacobfreigeri, but Im guessing you mean a riverine cichlid

I don't see a problem, assuming you have a decent sized tank. Kribs are just feisty when spawning but beyond that they would make a good tank mate IMO

I agree with TCC, they would be a good match with kribs, given the right footprint, preferably something that is long enough to allow the thomasi to get away when the kribs spawn

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399414260.488798.jpg picked a few up and they are doing very well so far. Staked out a corner on the opposite side of my tank.

Will do. Picked up 6 juveniles. Spent a month researching them but wanted some opinions of coarse as reading and studying about them isn't actual practice. I got rid of my rift lake tank to get them. Really just didn't find the rift lake cichlids terribly interesting.

Back
Top Bottom