african cichlid & placo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

liquid69rain

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
dose any one out there have an african cichlid tank with a placo in it. the reason why I ask is I have a comunity african tank with a very small placo into already. I just decided to add sand to this tank. I was worried that the placo wouldn't do well because of the resently added sand. Any help would be wonderfull... Thanks

I am also interested in this.. I have a tank at home, and a bigger one ion gainesville. I want to empty my 29 gallon and sell it, but I like the pleco in it. Since I've got my bigger tank in Gainesville, I think he would love it, only problem is that I have a jack demsey, a really big jack demsey. The pleco isn't small either.. but I am not sure if I can put the two in the same tank.. hope someone knows of this before I make a bad mistake. Just to add.. there is also an upside down catfish, and a cory (both a lot smaller than he is) and they seem to do just fine with him there.

i have a 55 gal cichlid tank with a snowball pleco... there are 10 fish total including the Pleco...and besides the occasional nipping....its doing fine

Back
Top Bottom