African Cichlids and Algae Wafers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Labenator65000

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What s hoot it is to toss an algae wafer in with my mixed Africans. You would think I thew a chicken leg into a tank of Piranhas. It's almost like an organized sport. They all grab it away when they are able to and then fly away trying to keep it away from the others. It goes on for several minutes, and the tank is all a flurry of excitement. Even the more shy Peacocks and Labs get into the action. My EB Hap Ahli is the biggest ham of all of them. I've seen it suck a wafer in and hold it vertically in it's mouth like one would do with a Pringle, then swim like mad to keep it to himself. Hilarious!

Mine do the same thing, the zebras in particular seem to love it. I've even seen them take it away from my pleco!

Haha mine take it away from my turtle. I'm always scared one of these days he is going to bite one of them but instead he plays right with um. Lol :) it is fun to watch and i agree its like a sport to them.

Back
Top Bottom