African Filter Recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfool58

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a biowheel 330 with my 75 gallon tank, my stock will be a couple BNP, 5 Yellow Labs, 5 Red Zebras, 5 Mainganos, & 5 Hara. They are about an inch now, will be getting them soon, I'm sure the 330 biowheel will be fine for a while, but I feel it will need to be upgraded, or something else added on, which would be the best route? A new hob filter to join or replace or maybe a canister filter(new to these)?

fishfool58 said:
I have a biowheel 330 with my 75 gallon tank, my stock will be a couple BNP, 5 Yellow Labs, 5 Red Zebras, 5 Mainganos, & 5 Hara. They are about an inch now, will be getting them soon, I'm sure the 330 biowheel will be fine for a while, but I feel it will need to be upgraded, or something else added on, which would be the best route? A new hob filter to join or replace or maybe a canister filter(new to these)?

Canister would be the way to go IMHO. I run a Fluval fx5 and a AC110 on my 75g African Cichlid tank.

I also run a power head to help keep debris from settling on the substrate.

Convict2161 said:
Canister would be the way to go IMHO. I run a Fluval fx5 and a AC110 on my 75g African Cichlid tank.

I also run a power head to help keep debris from settling on the substrate.

I'm still trying to position that power head just right for the debris, so would an ac110 + my bio 330 work?

fishfool58 said:
I'm still trying to position that power head just right for the debris, so would an ac110 + my bio 330 work?

I think the AC110 would be enough.

fishfool58 said:
How would one do a sump? Im new to this last time I had fish I was like 12 or 13.. Lol

fishfool58 said:
How would one do a sump? Im new to this last time I had fish I was like 12 or 13.. Lol

http://www.fishchannel.com/fish-exclusives/fama/freshwater-sump.aspx

I can't find a DIY I really like but if you just Google freshwater aquarium sumps a ton will come up. You can look in my profile pictures to see mine. There are also a ton of ways to make them

I have a 75 gallon cichlid tank and I'm running 2 marineland emperor 400s and they are great. I just need a hand on picking a power head or two just for some circulation around the tank any advice?

Back
Top Bottom