Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-02-2004, 07:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Aggressive Angel

I have two adult angels who have become quite aggressive towards each other and other tank mates as they are both females and appear to be ready to lay eggs. They are in a 30g XT with several other community fish at the moment but will be moved in the near future. I had intended to put them both in an Eclipse 6 together but now know that will not work. My only other option is to sperate them and put the more aggressive one in a 20g H with 7 small, largest being 3/4", convict cichlids. Will this work or will she be ganged up on by the convicts?? I have to move them this week so as much advice I can I appreciate. If all else fails I will have to take them to the LFS, and I prefer not to do so.

Thanks,
Karl

Old 02-02-2004, 08:10 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

It may work in the VERY short term assuming the angel is large, but is not a long term answer. As soon as the convicts starts showing an interest in breeding (around 2 inches or so), the angel will likely be killed. Even before, there is no guarantee the angel will be ok with them.

*glares at Terry and QTOFFER*

Card carrying member of FTAS & GCAS.
Allivymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 08:17 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

OK, I did'nt think so. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:54 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Maybe just take the more aggressive one back to the LFS and keep the remaining one, which will likely calm down without the presence of hte other female. I too think it would be risky to put the angel in with the convicts. As you mention, the 6gal Eclipse is not appropriate for even one angel.
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aggressive, angel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com