aggressive stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isiah1820

Aquarium Advice Freak
Wanted to get some ideas and opinions on a aggressive stock mix.

What about a chepoke cichlid I had one of those and he was really aggressive no cichlid would even try to mess with him

Kingcichlid87 said:
noob question i have cichlids but why would you want them aggressive . i know they are naturally aggressive anyways .

A lot of the more aggressive cichlids come with more smarts and personality. Meaning more interaction with your fish.

People can try saying their goldfish is smart and has personality. I'll politely smile and say... Yup.. It sure does. Turn and walk away. Whistling the jaws theme.

Kingcichlid87 said:
noob question i have cichlids but why would you want them aggressive . i know they are naturally aggressive anyways .

Thats what I prefer and like u said there naturally aggressive. If I was to get a dog I wouldn't get a little toy dog or a super friendly dog like labs more like a rot, pit or a GSD.

Jack Dempsey, green terror, pair of convicts, pair of fire mouths, severums, red/rainbow wolf fish, elongatus parinha, Raphael / syn catfish.

Ugh... There are so many med size cichlids to name. And a ton of other oddball species I'm not familiar with. But I feel like this isn't a bad start haha.

The three best species are the fish Garfy named.
1. Kenyi
2. Bumblebee
3. Auratus
The Kenyi and Auratus are my favorites (the other two being Acei and Yellow Lab). The awesome thing about Kenyi, Auratus, and Bumblebees is that they are highly sexually dimorphic so you can see them change color as they mature. Hands down you've got to have Kenyi and Auratus. Bumblebees get pretty big, so you probably would want a bit larger of a tank to include those guys.
I think Cobalt Blues are also good aggressive choices and they're very colorful.

I do have thos species how many of each, I was told on here my stock wasn't good so jus trying to revise it to a aggressive stock and any other suggestions.

Metriaclima Pyrsonotos
Melanochromis chipokae
Pseudotropheus Elongatus Mpanga
Pseudotropheus Perspicax Orange Cap
Metriclima Halomaylandi cobue lilac greberi

Andrew McFadden said:
Metriaclima Pyrsonotos
Melanochromis chipokae
Pseudotropheus Elongatus Mpanga
Pseudotropheus Perspicax Orange Cap
Metriclima Halomaylandi cobue lilac greberi

You seen my stock witch ones would u say I rid of besides the acei.

You seen my stock witch ones would u say I rid of besides the acei.

I don't remember any of what you have but I wouldn't keep acei with any of the fish I listed above. The acei is peaceful to mild. The ones I listed above are aggressive to highly aggressive. They will beat an acei up pretty good

A lot of the more aggressive cichlids come with more smarts and personality. Meaning more interaction with your fish.

People can try saying their goldfish is smart and has personality. I'll politely smile and say... Yup.. It sure does. Turn and walk away. Whistling the jaws theme.

oh ok thanks i didnt really know that . now i do so thats more knowledge for me lol

Another noob question. When you say aggressive do you mean you would feed the fish other live fish? I know a lot of pet stores keep feeder fish is that for these types of fish? Or what types are they for?

Back
Top Bottom