Agression question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcdrichj

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have a 45 gallon tank that has...

5 yellow labs
3 yellow tops
1 red and blue peacock
1 calvus
1 bristle nose pelco

So here is whats going on. My calvus has his own cave everyone leaves him alone and he comes out when its feeding time. Same with the pelco everyone leaves him alone. The 5 labs and the 3 yellow tops hang out together but the peacock is the dom in my tank chases the mbuna (im pretty sure he chases the females and doesnt really mess with the males). Its funny but thats the most aggression in my tank other than that its pretty peaceful. I am just wondering if by adding 1 or 2 female peacocks this could help curve the aggression.

I don't know is it really that bad that you have to? Because they are pretty drab and cost money if its pretty peaceful I wouldn't but it is entirely up to you. Happy fish keeping!

The peacock chases some mbuna around quite frequently. Everything is peaceful but that

With the amount and particular fish you have in your 40 i wouldnt. The fish you have are going to struggle with space as it is and your bioload is more than maxed out. As soon as they grow to any reasonable size there isnt going to be much room as it is.

As the mbuna grow they'll make the peacock know its place. They're usually much more aggressive. I'd actually rehome him as they really do require a bigger tank in the long run. They need more swimming room than mbuna

Back
Top Bottom