Albino pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kvnr14

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys,

I have a newish tank 30 gallons, with 5 african cichlids and a clean loach.

Just wanted to see if it would be okay to put a albino pleco in there? My friends just had fry.

My filtration is two 150 gph cascade filters + a DIY filter.

Thanks guys.

Hey guys,

I have a newish tank 30 gallons, with 5 african cichlids and a clean loach.

Just wanted to see if it would be okay to put a albino pleco in there? My friends just had fry.

My filtration is two 150 gph cascade filters + a DIY filter.

Thanks guys.

I wouldn't. Your tank is already overstocked and poorly stocked. Africans need 55 minimum and a clown loach needs alot bigger.

I am fishless cycling a 80 gallon right now for the African cichlids + clown loach. Just was wondering if I got two albino plecos, could one stay in the 30 gallon or would it stunt it's growth.

Are we talking about common Plecos or a smaller species like Bristle nose? If they're commons then no, they can't bit a BN Pleco should be fine in a 30 gallon tank.

Check your friends adults for bristles. And if he takes a cave and is no more than 4 to 5 inches. Also the pattern of a common pleco is a lot like puke where as bristle nose are usually a solid color (albino, blue eye yellow, chocolate, green, red and there is also a calico but their pattern is prettier and not as mosaic

Back
Top Bottom