algae........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

k.mascher86

Aquarium Advice Freak
What can i do to keep it to a minimum? i dont mind it being on the rocks as much as on the glass. any suggestions?

I know the basics.....keep the heat down and keeping the lights off for periods of time.......im already doing that and it still is getting on the glass

Live plants help UV sterilizer is only real sure fire way of dealing with it though.

Depends what 1 and the type of algae to how effective it is. Apart from light and heat, live plants help and only feed your fish what they need. Apart from that it's just scrubbing it I'm afraid.

I do not use chemicals in my tank of thats what the uv sterilizer is. I gradually turned my heat down and lights are only on at night

It's not chemicals it's a light that is good for getting rid of green water algae but it's not so effective on surface algae like you have, how much do you feed? What's your stock? What tank size?

55 gallon with 2 redhump eartheaters and a panda cory. The cory is about an inch and the eartheaters are about 3.5". feed them once a day and enough food for about 20-30 seconds of feeding. Could it be my lights? i have 2 aqua-glo lightbulbs

Back
Top Bottom