algae eating snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sayan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I hav 75g oscar tank. I have a albino pleco too in it. I change 50% water weekly.I hav a glass wiper which I use for the front glass of the tank. Bt the sides and the glass on back sides needs some wash.my single juvi pleco alone can't handle all the algae.thinking of adding some snails in it.wat types of snails r best for this purpose.how many number of them I can add? Plz advice.all the suggessions,advices r most welcome.thanx

maybe several horned nerites, (the spiral of horns may deter the Oscars, though snails will be mercilessly harassed. A monster apple snail won't fit in its mouth, but the oscar will probably make short order of its tentacles.

That means snails r not overall d good idea. Any other options there so dat I get rid of it?

If your algae is that bad, you need to research why, instead of getting another species to take care of it.

How many hours do you leave lights on?

Is the tank near a window?

LyndaB said:
If your algae is that bad, you need to research why, instead of getting another species to take care of it.

How many hours do you leave lights on?

Is the tank near a window?

Agreed. Also, how are your water parameters? High Nitrates can cause excessive algae.

Yup hav to experiment a bit.No its not near any place where sunlight can reach. Its not even a planted tank as oscar is there so I put my lights on only for a few hour 3-4 hrs.parameters r also ok.
Another thing I want to know is BN pleco is more effective than a normal one in case of eating algae?

Many people will say that bristlenose plecos are not algae eaters. Mine are but only to a point. They definitely spend more time on the driftwood than the walls of the tank.

Yup my lil albino do the same. Love to spent time on bogwood.

Back
Top Bottom