Algae wafers and aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikem691

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone
I have a question I have a 75 gallon tank with 4 young angels, 2 small silver dollars, 2 clown loaches all about 2" and a common pleco about 3 1/2 inches.
My tank is verry peacefull except the occasional fight between the angels figuring out whos who but when i drop a alge wafer in the tank it becomes a free for all and the fighting over the wafer goes on untill the wafer is gone. Ive seen the pleco cover the wafer and 2 angels ram the pleco to get at it. should I continue to give the wafers and just let them work it out or stop with the wafers. They dont do this with the flakes or frozen shrimp.
Thanks for any advice.

Maybe try breaking the wafer into a few pieces and scattering it around the tank? Or use multiple wafers?

Just toss the wafer in after the tank lights are out, this will allow the plec to have complete control.
Tried this and dint work. I thought the same thing. I turned the lights off and waited 2 hours but the minute i open the cover all the fish shoot to the top like im starving them. Thanks for that one tho

Tried this and dint work. I thought the same thing. I turned the lights off and waited 2 hours but the minute i open the cover all the fish shoot to the top like im starving them. Thanks for that one tho

Is there alot of ambient light in the room? After a couple hours of being in a dark tank they will start to shut down.

HUKIT said:
Is there alot of ambient light in the room? After a couple hours of being in a dark tank they will start to shut down.

+1 after a couple of hours with the lights out my fish are like zombies and my plecs and catfish have a ball.

Hmmm Maybe your on to something It was midnight last night but a light and the tv was on Ill give this another try.

Back
Top Bottom