All male peacock algae problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goodgy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I Have a all male peacock tank which has been successfully running for 2 months now :)

But starting to get algae on the glass , which I wipe with every weekly change

Can I get fish or snails which won't die with the peacocks to help my algae problem ?

Or what's some other ways of getting rid of it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They will eat all your snails over time. Your light is probably on to long and or to close to the glass.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The only way to get rid of algea is water change, cut down on light, don't over feed.Fish or snails wont take care of your problem. Yes plecos eat algae but they are poop machines and algae feeds off it.

I have a magnet on my glass for getting algea but Ihaven't used it in years ever since I upped my water changes and I don't turn on the lights until I get home from work. Ambient light is plenty of light for fish.

I'm trying to get algae to grow in my tank, least on the rocks. Can't seem to get it going.

Personally, I do frequent water changes and also now use Algae fix doses every 3-4 days. My water & glass has never been cleaner. However, I still have to wipe down the inside glass regularly. I don't think that can ever be totally avoidable. If so, someone needs to share that information please...lol

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have the same problem w my 75 gallon peacock tank. I picked up a cleaning magnet. Works wonders.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom