Am I over stocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rivers2k

Aquarium Advice Addict
75 Gallon Marineland C-360 Canister

1 x Juvenile Green Terror 2"
4 x Honduran Red Points 2"- 4"
3 x Rainbow Cichlids 1.5"
2 x Fire Mouths 3"
1 x Clown Loach 3"
1 x Green Phantom Pleco 4"

I typically like to stay under stocked but I added these rainbow cichlids last night and my tank seems a bit busier than I typically like. I think I have made a mistake by adding these.

I have had no aggression in my tank up until I added the Rainbow cichlids last night and my GT wont leave the rainbows alone. I hope this settles down. I may remove the GT for a bit to let the new guys settle in I am just not sure.

I do have lots of rock work driftwood and plants (fake plants) to break up line of sight and give separate territories.

I do know full grown the GT wont work with the rest but they are so slow growing I don't want to give him his own tank just yet.

I'm no expert but in my opinion the terror and red points fill the 75 at full size. I had 3 severums and 3 heckelii in my 75. Its down to 2 sevs and dithers. Just looked to full as they grew and nitrates were getting hard to control.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry I may not have been clear with the last statement. The Green Terror wont be staying there long he will be going into his own 75. This is temporary until he get some more size.

Am I over stocked with

4 x HRP
2 x FM
3 x Rainbow Cichlids
1 x Clown Loach
1 x Phantom Pleco

I am guessing I am. I don't have a 125 for them so I may just bring back the Rainbows I didn't think it would be as populated as it is until I put them in there.

Personally i'd say pretty borderline still and the Clown Loaches are best in 3's. If it were me i would get rid of 2 rainbows, 1 Firemouth and add 2 clown loaches and make sure the filtering is tip top. Bear in mind that Clown Loaches will probably outgrow the tank but are very slow growing so not a concern for a few years.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom