Am I ready to stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheR3dDwarf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know, I know... the fishless cycle guide says 4ppm to 0 in 24 hours... but I have seen other fishless cycle guides that say 2ppm to 0.

I am about 4.5 weeks into the fish-less cycle and right now my tank turns about 2.5 ppm ammo into nitrAte in 24 hours.

Its a starter Cichilid tank 29 gal that I will move up to a 55 when the fish are bigger. I have lots of caves, pipes, pots, and rocks set up for them to establish territories.

I plan on getting 6 small dither-fish (raspora's probably) and only 4 Actual Cichilids:

Pombo Rocks Demasoni
Yellow Lab
Snow White Socolofi
Powder Blue Cichilid

Do you guys think my tank can support this kind of bio-load? or am I just being to darn impatient and should wait?

I would wait till you can get the other tank. Those fish will be ready for the new tank in less then a year. Some of that stock will end up killing eachother in there eventually.

To answer your question it sounds like its ready to go or very close to it. Just keep an eye on it after adding some fish and if the ammonia or nitrite raise then do a water change.

I would wait till you can get the other tank. Those fish will be ready for the new tank in less then a year. Some of that stock will end up killing eachother in there eventually.

To answer your question it sounds like its ready to go or very close to it. Just keep an eye on it after adding some fish and if the ammonia or nitrite raise then do a water change.

+1 these fish grow pretty quickly. Demasoni and the powder blue (im assuming you mean a cobalt blue) are pretty aggressive fish and may terrorize your other fish.

Back
Top Bottom