Am I setting this tank up right?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stargazer10

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So recently I’ve gotton a 45 gallon tank and I was wondering if I was doing everything correct. So first of all I’m planning to stock it with cichlids. I’m getting a canister filter for a 70 gallon tank so it can be really clean. I am getting the heater and the cichlid sand. I also have decorations and caves that will be scattered all across the bottom. I just need to set everything up. So what do I do first? Should I put the sand in first then add water with conditioner, the filter and cycle the tank. Then add the decorations and the fish after fully cycled? I just want to make sure I’m getting all the steps done bc I have a 10 gallon but this is a step bigger.

That is how I would do it - but with cichlids you’ll need to be more specific with your water parameters to best meet until natural environment.

Also 40 gallons sounds a little on the small side for cichlids? What’s the measurements ?

Are you doing an African Cichlid tank?

Put everything in your tank....set it up fully then cycle it.

What canister filter are you getting? Seems like the one you have won't be enough.

I’ll check my tanks measurements and yes I’m doing an African Cichlid tank. I’ll also check the name of the canister filter and message you guys back.

Back
Top Bottom