Angel acting funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heiko

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 2 balck angels and 1 white one. The white one seems to stick very close to one of the black ones and chase away the other. However when the white one isnt there the two black angels are very friendly. Ive no idea whats up.

Im going to transfer the angels to a new, bigger tank soon and just wondered if it was anything to do with spawning.

thanks

ive had them for about a month and they are about 3 inches head to tail and 4 inches up and down. Ive only noticed this behaviour recently but im not sure when it started

Jchillin - can you give an estimate age dependant on dime, nickel, quarter sized angels? I've always wondered this and never saw actual numbers on 'em.

It sounds like they may be beginning to pair up - can any angel breeders confirm this?

3 inches head to tail and 4 inches up and down

They sound like mature angels if they are that size and yes, given that size, that is definitely breeding behaviour. Once a pair is formed, the other(s) will be shunned. You may as well remove him now to lessen the aggression.

cJw - You really can't judge actual ages based on the coinage, but you can guess at whether they are of a mature size or still juvenile. Dime to quarter are still juveniles...after half dollar, were mature. Doesn't always work, but it's the best we have ATM.

Yup,

Thanks guys

Oh i forgot incase you want to see a picture of the happy couple here we go...

They havnt got names as of yet but im open to suggestions. :p

Back
Top Bottom