Angel Dilemma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteDevil

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a dilemma, I have a breeding pair of angels, as of late the boy is acting like Ike Turner.

The tank is a 40g tall with the following

1 mopani chunk,
1 freshwater DW chunk of oak
1 rubbernose pleco
2 marble veil angels
MTS saw about 20 or so itty bitty ones last night with 3 huge ones in there

sand substrate
water parameters are fine, Ph is 5.5.

I had to separate the angels, my female is back into the planted 52 with the guppies and danios the male is still in the 40T with the pleco and snail.

What other cichlid's will work with the angel? The 40 is a Rio Negro tank now but that can easily be changed in 15 minutes. I am open to converting the tank to a rift tank as well however I think it might be too small for Africans.

I have kribensis (Pelvicachromis pulcher) with my angels and there have been no problems between them, even when the kribensis have fry :). They are africans but they stay really quite small, smaller than angels :)

I'd go with the Bolivian Rams or German Rams. You can also get the keyhole cichlids. They're all from South American and should work fine together. I currectly have 2 Angels and 5 Bolivians in a 55g tank with 13 rummynose tetras and a few snails and a few gourami's and they all are getting a long great together..

Its jsut angel on angel love/hate relationship, I added 6 tiger barbs to the tank, he has layed off her and started in on them.

LFS wanted my paired breeding angels real bad but I asked for 4 small angels in return he hung up on me, he knew he was going to sell them as a 100 dollar pair and knew that I knew that from past incursions. He is a businessman not a hobbyist.

Its jsut angel on angel love/hate relationship, I added 6 tiger barbs to the tank, he has layed off her and started in on them.

LFS wanted my paired breeding angels real bad but I asked for 4 small angels in return he hung up on me, he knew he was going to sell them as a 100 dollar pair and knew that I knew that from past incursions. He is a businessman not a hobbyist.

Sounded like a more than fair deal to me- You get 25 dollars worth and he sales for 100..

Back
Top Bottom