angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bob mccoy

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have two mated pair in a 55 gal and about 15 corys . the angelfish seam realy anoyed at the cories and spend a lot of time chacing them away from there egg laying slate. is this a problem . should i remove them and relocate them to another tank.

Angels can get pretty protective when spawning. Are the angels damaging the ottos or just chasing? If you have the means to do so i would seperate them before things get worse.

i have two mated pair in a 55 gal and about 15 corys . the angelfish seam realy anoyed at the cories and spend a lot of time chacing them away from there egg laying slate. is this a problem . should i remove them and relocate them to another tank.

Bob: The more distractions in a tank of breeders, the lower the results of each spawn. For best productivity, breeding fish should be in a tank by themselves. Catfish are probably the worst fish you could have in a breeding tank as they are always on the lookout for food. Fish eggs make great food ;)
If you are looking to raise some fish for more than just fun (ie. for $$$), you want your breeders to concentrate on nothing else but spawning. :brows:

I'd put each pair into their own tank. Doesn't have to be a big tank.

Hope this helps (y)

Back
Top Bottom