Angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hanziie

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am planning to get a angel fish but after visiting the fish shop yesterday the advisor said to get two the internet said u need to group them in more then 3! The advisor wasnt ver clear who i could have in the tank with the angel too.
I currently have a 55litre with tetras a pleco mollies and 2platys i was told that once the angle grew big enough it would eat my fish luckly i have a second tank any suggestions please!

I would say zero angels for this tank. It converts to 14.5 US gallons which is most likely too small for the fish you have already listed.

The tank is too small for an Angel alone without the rest of the fish in there. There are already too many fish in the tank. An Angel would not eat mollies and platies but would eat any fry.

IMG_3046.jpg

I have 2 angels in a 55g.

For some time I had...

5 serpae
5 white skirts
4 tiger barbs
1 common pleco
2 silver dollars
1 gold gourami
1 blue gourami
2 angels

I rehomed the serpaes, white skirts, and the tiger barbs. And replaced them with 2 German blue rams.

All is well in my tank, the angels have claimed the left side of the tank and don't like to share it but there is no fighting.

Back
Top Bottom