Angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazychick

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi,i have 2 angel fish but they have killed 2 of my neons,i have taken them out of the tank for now,is this normal for them to do this?

Welcome to AA Crazychick!

Yes it is normal. Neons are natural snacks for Angels. If you have any neons left in the tank, remove them or they will be another snack.

thank you!well we only got them a couple of weeks ago and was told they would be ok with the fish we had!did have 4 neons!now got 2 left,we have taken the angels out as they were going after the other fish aswell

I didn't know this fact when I was setting up my fathers tank for his office 2 years ago, or so. I put 6 neons in my fw tank because we were having issues with his small tank. Overnight, they were all gone....the angels definitley ate them.

ok thanks,my fault should have read up on them but hubby came home with them as he liked them,hey anyone in my area who wants 2 angel fish????!!!!

Hi,

I've often heard that angels eat neons especially if they're young neons. But in my experience my angels have never eaten any of my neons. I have a school of over 15 neons. And 5 angels along with a bunch of other tetras, cory cats, platies ect. All the neons are alive... My female angel hasn't bothered eating any of them. Maybe it's because she's so well fed. Who knows. But I've never had a problem.

Charlotte

Many have claimed to buy juvenile angels and let them grow up with adult neons, and say the angels leave the neons alone. I think there is always the chance that the angel will realize the neon fits in its mouth and eat it.

When I first started in this hobby, my lfs sold me an angel fish and 6 neons. They made it 2 days before they were all eaten. Angelfish use neons for a snack.

mt gf has neons in a tank with her angels but the biggest angel is about an inch and a half across the body and the neons are about an inch. so I dont guess that it can fit them into its mouth yet

yeah,the angels have gone to a new home now and the others are much happier now,we got some new neons so the other 2 arent lonely anymore!lol

Back
Top Bottom