angel with mouth problems..help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

candydrops

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have a 50 galon with a large angel some gouramis and other semi aggressives. my water parameters are all in check and i have live plants and driftwood. my tank has been running for about 13 years and have never really encountered any real problems. recently i have noticed my angel "Sylar", has not been feeding even if its frozen bloodworm,his favorite. the only change recently is that i have started feeding spirulina 20,which as far as i know is very healthy. he has been starving himself for about 3 weeks, just taking in minimal amounts of food. today i noticed that when he tried to eat he appeared to choke. thats when i noticed that his mouth is stuck open. i work with alot of fish, and to what i've seen fish that encounter this problem usually die. im freaking out and i have no idea how to fix this. any ideas how i can save my baby?:fish2:

the thing id do it pick up the fish in a net and look into the mouth. if there is something stuck (i.e a DW twig or long pebble) then id get some tweezers and with the ultimate focus and care id gently twist and pull it out, doing as little damage as poss. if it harms the mouth and leaves a scar or tear, it may still eat afterwards. right now it wont live on what its getting access to, so imo you should try to get whatever it is out x

or it may be a paralysis, in which case i have absolutely no idea what to - im sorry x

Back
Top Bottom