Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Well i have a Koi Angelfish named Angie now i found out the name fits HER

a couple weeks ago i found eggs laid on the side of my tank and my angelfish was guarding them

the next day they were all gone, guess they were eaten

i am guessing it was her cause the cory cats prolly wouldnt venture that far up, the betta is a male, the mollies are live bearers and that how i assumed it was her

do you know if i can still get her to pair with a male?

You would have to find a comparably aged male in order to be successful at this. As a koi keeper, you know how rare it is to find them, let alone an lone adult male that someone would be willing to part with.

And yes, it was more than likely the angel.

i think i am gonna sell her

what do you think is a fair price????? :?:

hey bill

you wanna buy her from me?

youll hafta pay for shipping, ill sell her to ya for $75.00, i am still here in tulsa OK but im moving soon, would you rather wait till i move or would you wanna buy her from me now?

PM me if you wanna know more about her and if you want a pic

Unfortunately, I am not prepared to take on any new fish. I'm sure your LFS will be more than happy to have her or check with some local aquatic clubs. Although GM mentions you "could" get $75.00 for her, unless you find a willing breeder, you will probably get significantly less. At this level, the demand is for mated pairs.

BTW...How did you know my name was Bill?

i was in the chat before i joined the site

but i didnt use this name

I would put it up on www.aquabid.com for $75.00 (make sure you do the reaserch so that you can ship it) and if it doesnt sell for $75.00 you can relist it. (try your best to get a great picture of the fish, even if you have to borrow a great digital camera to do so)

i have a digital cam, it just seems really grainy when i take the pic

How nice is the digital camera.. Take a look in the showoff/photo area there is a thread about how to take a good digital photo there.

the next day they were all gone, guess they were eaten
Unfertilized eggs turn white and they are discarded by the female (and male if present.) This is normal. Since there was no male present, they would have all turned white and been discarded.

You would have to find a comparably aged male in order to be successful at this. As a koi keeper, you know how rare it is to find them, let alone an lone adult male that someone would be willing to part with.
Ok. This is interesting news. I picked up a large adult male at the LFS that paired up with my adult female and hatched baby angels after 2-3 weeks. I knew this was almost too good to be true. Can you believe I got the fish from general stock for $10.95? Someone at the supplier must have really messed up. Beautiful fish and a perfect mate too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom