Angelfish breeding – What do you do with the fuzzy eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

docrak

Aquarium Advice Freak
My two gold marble angelfish have bread for the first time. Amazingly they did very well and are good parents, fanning the eggs when ever they can. Another amazing thing is that they are in a 60 gallon tank with 20 pristella tetras and 9 plecos and no one has attacked the eggs. So far I am two days into this and about 25% of the eggs turned white, which isn’t bad for their first time and about par for the course from what I’ve read on line.

My problem is this; I’ve decided to keep the eggs and parents together since its is their first time I don’t expect much. A few of the eggs are becoming fungusy and the eggs should start hatching tomorrow after noon. What to you do with the bad eggs, do you remove them or leave them. The tanks to big to treat and I wasn’t expecting them to breed so I don’t have another tank setup. From what I understand the fry are supposed to be attached to the spot the parents choose for breeding for another few more days after they hatch.

Well, i speak from experience here. The parents will take care of the fungused eggs. Though i will tell you that you may not get any wigglers from it. Only got a few wigglers from mine and they were eaten. I wish you all the best of luck!!!

Hopefully you will have more luck then i have been having with my breeding angels.

The angels will pick the wigglers up in their mouth and place them back onto the breeding surface. My angels have always cleaned up the fungused eggs etc...

Again ... best of luck ... i know how bad 60 hours is to wait.

Back
Top Bottom