angelfish feeding question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman793

Aquarium Advice Regular
so about 2 weeks ago my tank was hit with some kind of parasite. I think it was inside the fish and it ate the food they ate. so quite a few of my fish died including 2 out of my 3 angelfish.:banghead: the surviving angel is a koi female. she has bred once. she started eating less around the same time my other angels did and when the other 2 died I thought I was gonna lose her also. but she never stopped eating completely. she just eats quite a bit less than before and she never got really skinny and looked horrible like the others did. I have gotten the parasites under control and she is happy and healthy. but she still eats A LOT less than she did before. I can remember when she would not stop eating. she always begged me for food. now when I feed my fish she will eat about 2-4 small pellets and be done. does anyone know why she eats so much less? do angels stop eating a lot after they breed? does it have to do with age? im not worried about her because she looks really healthy and she is active. im just stumped as why she doesn't eat as much anymore. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom