Angelfish stripes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the_elvish_misfit

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have two angelfish, one is solid goldish white with a black spot right before her tail. The other is silver with dark black stripes. I've noticed that his stripes come and go leaving him almost completely solid silver sometimes.

Is this because he's mad or hungry or some other mood? The black spot on my other angel never changes colour... is it just a stripe thing?

Just a stripe thing, probably mood related.
I have dd blacks now, but I used to notice that phenomenon when I had
wild caught angels.
Charles

Most cichlids tend to show different colors based on "mood", location relative to light or dark colored objects, breeding times, etc. That's all your angelfish is doing. I don't think kois, marbels, and some other types of angels have the gene that produces stipes so that's why you aren't seeing them in your other angel.

Most cichlids tend to show different colors based on "mood", location relative to light or dark colored objects, breeding times, etc. That's all your angelfish is doing. I don't think kois, marbels, and some other types of angels have the gene that produces stipes so that's why you aren't seeing them in your other angel.

Oh ok, awesome, thanks.

I have a striped angel that does the same thing. I was wondering about that too. I thought it was just the light. I'm glad I came across this thead. :)

Lighting can definitely influence the color of your fish. Discus keepers for example will have high lighting in order to get the fish to produce bright and vibrant colors. High lighting can also prevent peppering from being shown in pigeon blood discus.

Back
Top Bottom