Angels???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bruinsbro1997

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is to all you angelfish experts out there. I am currently on vacation and using my spare time with redesigning my thirty gallon tank, thinking about doing fish from SA. Are these fish fine with angels? Is thirty gallons too small??
x2 german blue rams
x6 rummynoses
x6 cardinals
x5 silver hatchets
x4 emerald cories

The cories and the rams are already in the tank. If I add those fish plus the angelfish will my tank already be overstocked or will it already be overstocked with those fish in it without angels? Would the rams and angels be territorial???
Also, how long should I drip acclamate angels? Do they need any special requirements or anything? I wanted to get a pair, however I don't know how you get a pair when they're juvenilles, members on this site have told me the best way to get angelfish peaceful is to add them last in the tank when they're young.
Please reply! I realy want help with these fish! I have tried angels before and they do fine only to die mysteriously two weeks later!

I think the list without the angels looks good, although I would add a couple more corys. The pair of angels with that stock list is way to much, a pair of angels by themselves needs a 29g minimum.

As far as acclimation I rarely drip them, I float the bag gradually adding tank water for around 30 minutes until the bag is full.

I agree with HUKIT and MFD about the stocking. Angels need alot of space and become very territorial if they pair up and spawn. They will also probably end up eating all of your rummy nose.

Alright, is a fifty-five plenty of room? My grandma has graciously offered to let me use one of her spare rooms to set up a fish tank :)

I think you could do that in a 55... and do some more stuff too of course. The main thing would be giving the rams and angels enough room to breed without terrorizing the other pair.

You guys are out oft league with Ram's and angels, so let jonathon takes the reigns and youll get there in the end. Good luck gents!

Back
Top Bottom