another batch affected. could it be the food.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishcakes

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had a problem weeks ago with my juvenile snow white zebras losing the movement in their tail fin or it roting away. They were kept in our 40g grow-out a few juveniles were affected also. But now in my hang-on fry tank I have noticed that my yellow and white tail acei fry have lost their tail fins my other fry in that hang on are still fine. The only thing those two tanks share is the New Life Spectrum Grow food I just switched to at Christmas time. Could it be the food? If so what do I do for the fry to help them recover.
Thanks for any help.

I highly doubt that it would be the food doing this. I have no idea what it would be causing this though. I read your previous thread about this and i did a little research and couldnt find a definative reason that this would happen. Lots of things i read online were fry being hatched with no fins or tails, but none about them disappearing. Im stumped with this one. Im sorry that this is happening and i feel your pain. I hope that you figure this out. If you feel it is the food try feeding something else.

The fry in my hang on are yellow and white tail acei that are showing tail loss. They are in the box with benga yellow fry all let go at the same time yet benga are larger. Could the benga be nipping at them?

Back
Top Bottom