Another Cichlid Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katiekelsey

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently set up a 75 gal tank. I have three small Silver Dollars in it. I checked a compatability website and it said Firemouths are compatible with Silver Dollars. How many Firemouths would you recommend I get?
Of course I want a male because they're so colorful. What about male and female ratio?

Thanks

Ok i think you should go for a breeding program! I would add 3 more silver dollars. Then I would go ahead and buy 8 baby firemouths then I would let them naturally pair. When you see the pairs form remove 4 of them and sell them back to the pet store and keep 2 pairs you could easily house these 2 breeding pair and 6 silver dollars good luck with your tank:)!

Ok i think you should go for a breeding program! I would add 3 more silver dollars. Then I would go ahead and buy 8 baby firemouths then I would let them naturally pair. When you see the pairs form remove 4 of them and sell them back to the pet store and keep 2 pairs you could easily house these 2 breeding pair and 6 silver dollars good luck with your tank:)!

This is the perfect setup! I agree 100% In a 75 you would get maximum growth!!

Back
Top Bottom