Another Tang. Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got a trio of 1.5, pushin 2, inch synodontis petricolas. Acclimated and in the tank, seemed to have taken a real liking to one corner\cave area.
One of the buggers appears to have ich, starting treatment tonight by raising heat and ill proceed to begin water changes tomorrow...

Got a trio of 1.5, pushin 2, inch synodontis petricolas. Acclimated and in the tank, seemed to have taken a real liking to one corner\cave area.
One of the buggers appears to have ich, starting treatment tonight by raising heat and ill proceed to begin water changes tomorrow...

Yikes, I'd qt that tank for about a week after the ich dies off, just to be on the safe side. But good luck, keep us posted! And most importantly, don't forget to post those amazing pics! ?

Sent via echolocation

Yikes, I'd qt that tank for about a week after the ich dies off, just to be on the safe side. But good luck, keep us posted! And most importantly, don't forget to post those amazing pics! ?

Sent via echolocation

Yeah for sure!
Oh and a little PSA: if you do not have a python water changer go buy one. It's seriously the best money I've ever spent on anything aquarium supply wise. It's so obscenely helpful, easy and will save so much pain and time!

Ok so I got home tonight and checked the trio and not a spec of anything on any of them. Musta been sand stuck to the one as he was resting on the bottom. I'll continue to watch and make sure they're healthy but as of now they're enjoying life in their new mansion!

Well update time! Synos are doing well, haven't seen any eat but the food definitely goes somewhere! All three are looking very healthy, no signs of illness. Really lovin these guys can't wait for em to grow some.

I also got a trio of juvenile Julidochromis marleri yesterday. Largest one is about 2.75" which I'd assume to be female, other two are probably male at 2" give or take a couple hundredths lol. Ready to rehome odd one out but for right now they're all playing nice.

Update. Went out yesterday and settled for some multi's. I believe I have one male and two females but it may be one female and the other suspected female is a runt male; but I definitely have one male and female. Going out after next paycheck to pick up possibly three more.

Juli's are doing well, they seemed to have found their own places they like to hide but band together occasionally (mostly when food is involved.)

Oh, and ever just lost a fish in a tank? I mean completely and literally lost one? Cause im down to two syno's. No idea where the third one is, he could be secretly in there but i doubt it. Anyway the two are doing great, cant wait till they grow up.

I need to pick up an Eretmodus very soon; I've been growin all this algae for one, my tanks beginning to look like an algae farm!

Oh and pics will be coming! Hoping by tomorrow...

OOOOH eretmodus :) :)
Careful adding new multis...they're pretty brutal on each other in new setups you may need to remove odd men out. I took 8 from an established colony and put them in a new tank all at once and two got murdered while they were reestablishing

OOOOH eretmodus :) :)
Careful adding new multis...they're pretty brutal on each other in new setups you may need to remove odd men out. I took 8 from an established colony and put them in a new tank all at once and two got murdered while they were reestablishing

Yeah! I really want them soon but wet spot is out and sicichlids won't return my emails...ill see about si one more time...
Here's the pics. Please excuse the algae, I was hoping to have a nice lot for the cyanostictus but I don't have him so...anyway here's the tank and stuff!
it's not visible in the photo but there's a "wall" of rock separating the shells and an open area where the synos and shy Juli hang out.

one of the synos. The other is cruising on the bottom near the shells, couldn't get a pic.
And lastly a terrible photo of the third, and most shy, Juli. He's the odd man out in the group.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks great! If you PM me the email your trying to contact and your info I can call Anthony and see what's up. I had a hard time getting in touch with him at first but it was so worth it

Thanks nils! I did a water change and moved a couple rocks, the fish seem to really like this so I probably wont be messing with it anymore.

Thanks mike! Even though the multis were a settle over ocellatus they're still some very interesting lil buggers. Just happy to have shell dwellers, its neat to watch the interactions with the fish and their small ecosystem in a tank like this. Although im afraid Severum Mama was right many many many threads ago, if the tang bug gets ahold of ya, it bites hard :)

I'll shoot you the pm soon egghead, he seems to be worth it! Thanks!

Anthony has sumbus!?!? Awesome! Know where I'm gonna be ordering now that my tangs have been upgraded!

Freak if you're looking at his website it's not up to date, he posts all his stock lists on Facebook. I haven't seen sumbu on his list lately but I told him I was going to want some at some point so I'm sure he has a source ;)

Freak if you're looking at his website it's not up to date, he posts all his stock lists on Facebook. I haven't seen sumbu on his list lately but I told him I was going to want some at some point so I'm sure he has a source ;)
I had a group of 5, but had a mishap and lost three, including my male. I've been dying to add some more, really cool little fish

I had a group of 5, but had a mishap and lost three, including my male. I've been dying to add some more, really cool little fish

Got a question for ya: Did you have the sumbus in the multi tank? Or were they in another set up?

Got a question for ya: Did you have the sumbus in the multi tank? Or were they in another set up?
They were in separate setups prior to me moving out of my apartment. Now they're together and have been the last month or so. They seem to be interacting well in the 40 gallon now

That's such nice livestock, and that's a really nice looking Julie! Hoping you can post more pics as you get new livestock?

Sent via echolocation

Back
Top Bottom