Any idea what these are?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the best I can do. The thing is they don't really look like any Africans I've seen nor do they look like any of the South Americans. They are not albino just pink and have a blood red spot in the top part of their eyes, very faint blue spangles in the dorsal, anal fins and tail. They also stay in the group and from what I saw rarely separate more than a few inches.

The shape and color are not right for an Orange Chromide, this fish is shaped more like a Zebra or some other Mbuna but that body shape still isn't right either.

yep, WP might be right. that's what i first thought too.
nowadays there are a number of variations among chromides - from completely washed out to bright orange.

hmm, if you do an image search using the latin name on yahoo images, there are tons of pics that look just like those ones, and some that look totally different, but they are all the same fish.

IN all o fthe pics I find the heads are way too pointed, but some are the same pale color. If they still have them when I go back this weekend I may buy them or at the least I will get better pics.

Back
Top Bottom