Any problems with my stocking wishlist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid Idaho

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This will be for a 55 gallon tank.
4 x Altolamprologus Calvus
2 x Julidochromis Transcriptus
2 x Neolamprologus Leupi
2 x Ocellatus Gold
3 x Synodontis Petricola

Any advice is welcome! Thank you!

Be careful with the calvus.. they are more aggressive then the other alto. Comps. I have 3 alto. Comps and 1 alto. calvus and it is the only one that even chases the others my other 3 often swim or eat beside each other and stay in the same general area .. mayb bc the calvus is male and the others arent not sure havnt vented and dont plan to ..

Thats sad because that was probably the fish I was wanting the most. I definitely need to do some more research

You should be fine with just one..in that size tank... mine are in a 125g 6ft tank so i cant imagine how well it would work in your 55g :/ they are aggressive when mating which is most of the problem with multiple ones i ordered mine after a lfs told me oh yea they will b fine together then ibread differently shoulda went with my gut

As long as it wont get depressed at being the only one in the tank I would gladly take at least 1, they are just appealing to me

Yea i like them too....lol they are more solitary anyway.. my older one isnt really social it likes staying in the shadows but the other 3 i got younger and were barely 2in well one wasnt even that big and they seem more social but not much ..

Back
Top Bottom