Any stocking ideas???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tex777

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone,

So, I was planning on buying a 85 gallon tank sometime in the next couple of weeks and I wanted to know what cichlids I can keep in their even when they are full grown.

P.S.
I would prefer African cichlids, dont really mind which lake. I know I can just google it and get a million results, but i like to hear all AA members input:)

KonvictKeeper said:
You could do a bunch of Africans in there! I think you could do like 30 even. I personally prefer lake Malawi. I'm more of a South/Central American guy so I'd wait for someone else.

Yeah, me 2, that's exactly why I'm asking:) I do not know much about African cichlids..

I like mbuna from lake malawi. yellow labs, electric blue, acei.. don't know all the technical names but those are some of my faves.

ashleynicole said:
I like mbuna from lake malawi. yellow labs, electric blue, acei.. don't know all the technical names but those are some of my faves.

Thanks to at least these to people who replied

Well you just posted this thread like an hour ago, give people some time to respond. It's kind of a broad question. Maybe at least research so you can get an idea of what you like and then lost a question with some proposed stocking plans. It may be easier for people to answer.

ashleynicole said:
Well you just posted this thread like an hour ago, give people some time to respond. It's kind of a broad question. Maybe at least research so you can get an idea of what you like and then lost a question with some proposed stocking plans. It may be easier for people to answer.

I know and I'm sorry:(

I haven't had the best attitude today

:hide:

Yellow labs,Red zebras,saulosi,Cobalt blues,Elongatus are all very colourful and IMO have a good temperament.I woul try to do 1M to 3F if you can.It stops single females from being harassed and cuts down on aggression.

garfy said:
Yellow labs,Red zebras,saulosi,Cobalt blues,Elongatus are all very colourful and IMO have a good temperament.I woul try to do 1M to 3F if you can.It stops single females from being harassed and cuts down on aggression.

Thank you so much!

garfy said:

Is it possible to do a male only tank?

Sure it is but if you want to do it this way try not to get too many fish of the same colour as in my experience same coloured males tend to fight over dominance and it can get vicious.However there are plenty of different colours to choose from.

KonvictKeeper said:
Just a little question... What are the dimensions of the tank? I've never seen an 85g.

The tank I'm looking into is

48L x 24D x 16W

How big can an OB Peacock grow and can I keep it with Africans?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom