Apisto sex organs or parasite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaAussie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have had a male and female pair of apistogramma c. in a 15g tank for a few weeks to attempt to breed them. I have noticed though that the male has had this weird thing hanging out of his anus. It looks like some kind of big with little hairs that's kind of white and fleshy red. It's not poop because he poops and it's still there. I first saw it hanging out but now it seems further in. I think that it would be weird for the fish to have sex organs this large but I don't know this species that intimately. Is there a parasite that looks like what I described and how do I treat it?

Attachments

• image-3049925085.jpg
    image-3049925085.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 115
  • image-636628507.jpg
    image-636628507.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 114
  • image-3806611007.jpg
    image-3806611007.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 108
Do they look like red hairs and sometimes retract a little bit?

It's a bit hard to get form LFS, at least that's my experience.
I managed to find some at general pet stores, near the birds section.
Maybe online?

I could only find one vet who said I have to bring the fish in to get diagnosed to get a script. $$$$

I feel like it could probably be ordered online somewhere.

It has been harder to get and has become more expensive. Mostly because intelligent people used it to cut cocaine, which led to the faces of drug addicts being eaten away faster than the normal rate

Bahaha that's so funny. Why would you cut it with cocaine if it melts your face?

Back
Top Bottom