Apistogramma cacatuoides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Infinity Aquascapes

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all, I've recently set up a 30 breeder and would like to do a apistogramma cacatuoides in this tank and was hoping someone out there had a good source for purchasing a few of these guys. I'm looking to purchase 3 females and 1 male. Has anyone successfully bred these guys? I've read quite a bit on them but was hoping to speak with someone who had experience with them. Thanks!

Some pics of setup

Attachments

• image-1928853489.jpg
    image-1928853489.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 108
  • image-232138707.jpg
    image-232138707.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 103
  • image-3308492360.jpg
    image-3308492360.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 107
Infinity Aquascapes said:
Hello all, I've recently set up a 30 breeder and would like to do a apistogramma cacatuoides in this tank and was hoping someone out there had a good source for purchasing a few of these guys. I'm looking to purchase 3 females and 1 male. Has anyone successfully bred these guys? I've read quite a bit on them but was hoping to speak with someone who had experience with them. Thanks!

ApistoDave on Aquabid always has some good stuff. I personally haven't ordered from him though. Aquabid in general is a good place to start for Apistos.

Sadly I don't have any prior experience with Apistos (I will in time. I have a 29g set up for them, just waiting a month for an auction to buy).

*EDIT* I'll be following this thread closely and I hope someone can help you. I am hoping to find Apistogramma Agassizii Alenquer or Tefe Pearl Blue.

The tefe pearl blues are absolutely awesome! My lfs had them and it was all I could do to resist lol I already have cacatuoides and trifasciatus in the same tank and they bump heads a lot, but overall they're all super peaceful

Freakgecko91 said:
The tefe pearl blues are absolutely awesome! My lfs had them and it was all I could do to resist lol I already have cacatuoides and trifasciatus in the same tank and they bump heads a lot, but overall they're all super peaceful

I agree. I can't wait to find myself some.

You said you have Cacatuoides. Any advice for the OP?

Not really, they're just like any other tropical fish :) just make sure you have a lot of cover on the bottom, they also usually pick a cave to sleep in at nightm

Thanks for the info, aquabid has quite a few different options for apistogramma. Seeing all the different varieties is making me look towards other apistogramma! All of them are so pretty!

Most of them are not varieties, but actually distinct species with color and locales within said species. Apistogramma is a genus rather than a species :) just for clarification

Thanks for the info, aquabid has quite a few different options for apistogramma. Seeing all the different varieties is making me look towards other apistogramma! All of them are so pretty!

Oh yes. You'll get hooked with the awesome colors and behaviors your Apisto has. My friend had one and I was forever hooked!

Apistos are great i love mine.

Like stated above they are very easy to take care of like any other tropical fish,And very much enjoy frozen foods

My male likes to wait up at the top every morning to get flakes lol He's started to ignore the pellets and wait till i put in flake haha and mind you, this is a 2 ft tall tank!

Severum Mama (member here in AA) also sale some of these...really nice.

ejaramillo01 said:
Severum Mama (member here in AA) also sale some of these...really nice.

She currently has Apistogramma Panduro fry she is raising but I don't believe she has any Apistos ready at the moment.

But you do bring up a good point. Severum Mama and HN1 sell quality fish.

Sharkbait54 said:
Apistos are great i love mine.

Like stated above they are very easy to take care of like any other tropical fish,And very much enjoy frozen foods

Here are some pics had to make room.

Attachments

• image-2943044577.jpg
    image-2943044577.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 98
  • image-2474848263.jpg
    image-2474848263.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 89
  • image-1254701669.jpg
    image-1254701669.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 94
Very pretty fish I'm excited to get mine. Started cycling tank last night so as soon as the waters ready I'll get me ordered!!

Where you ordering from

I'm currently looking at 2 places I've been emailing back and forth with the owners and once I confirm who im going with ill let ya know, and ill also post on arrival status and post pics. Just started cycling though so it will be a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom