Apistogramma cacatuoides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshenanagins

Aquarium Advice Addict
I would recommend not outing kribs with other cichlids. They are to nasty and will take over 80% of the tank when they spawn. If your dead set on rams you could try different variations or Apistogramma might work.

Apistogramma cacatuoides

Gold ram

Electric blue ram

That's a beautiful cacatuoides I love the blue he has

Last edited by a moderator:
My male a female Germans are heating up in my tank, I think they will be spawning soon she looks beautiful and they are facing off and dancing

My male a female Germans are heating up in my tank, I think they will be spawning soon she looks beautiful and they are facing off and dancing

Love when they act like that. When I keep them all together they are always a little ticked off lol. Sometimes you'll see a male and female square off with another pair. They are mostly talk so its cool to watch.

She's really lit up and his black markings are super black so I'm hoping I get a batch. This will be their first I believe. She's defending my slate cave like crazy so that's probably where it's going down

Attachments

• image-186038080.jpg
    image-186038080.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 73
  • image-1298232261.jpg
    image-1298232261.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 82
  • image-1028428575.jpg
    image-1028428575.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 75
Btw, getting ready to build an Appisto Cac. Biotope for my moms classroom. Going with fake plants but trying to stick with Amazonians. Got some amazing driftwood pieces on eBay and will be using sand and scattered almond leaves. Probably a school of cardinals and some corries too. Can't wait!

Btw, getting ready to build an Appisto Cac. Biotope for my moms classroom. Going with fake plants but trying to stick with Amazonians. Got some amazing driftwood pieces on eBay and will be using sand and scattered almond leaves. Probably a school of cardinals and some corries too. Can't wait!

Sounds good man!

Back
Top Bottom