Apistogramma pair! breeding??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gvillboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have A 29 gallon tank they share with a pair of angel fish....how in the world do I get these guys to breed! If anyone has any advice please fill free to lend a suggestions....here's a pic!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121122_123343.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121122_123343.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 172
Gvillboy said:
I have A 29 gallon tank they share with a pair of angel fish....how in the world do I get these guys to breed! If anyone has any advice please fill free to lend a suggestions....here's a pic!

Do you know what species? I'm guessing Viejita or macmasteri?

At any rate, a drop in pH usually helps, so try a water change using RO or rain water

Apistogramma Hongsloi is the specific species....and I'll try that and see if it works....thanks...do you have any yourself?

I did, but I was given a Hrp that decided to kill them unfortunately, it has since been rehomed.

Hongsloi are a great looking species btw, just make sure to have removable caves, like cichlid stones or clay pots so that the pair/eggs/fry can be removed in case of predation

I have an upside down pot with a crack big enough for her only.....she doesn't want to reproduce though....she runs from him as soon as she sees him....so I don't know!

RO water is the way to go, if you can't get any try dried Almond leaves - not a quick acting as RO, but usually does the job. Feeding them bloodworm will also help.

Back
Top Bottom