app test.kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nathanden

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I got a api test kit not the strip kind and.it has "high level ph" mines low how do.I up it or should I even. My ph is 8.0 right now.

Also.what is high level ph

This is posted under cichlids I'm not an expert but I thought 7.5-8.5 is a good ph for this type of fish am I correct

As for the api kit
Ph will only test ranges 6.0-7.6
High range test will only test levels 7.4-8.8

Just depends on what your Ph level is to which test to use

Am I missing something? lol. What pH do your fish require? That's the pH you should shoot for. However stability is key. Swings in pH can be deadly.

Am I missing something? lol. What pH do your fish require? That's the pH you should shoot for. However stability is key. Swings in pH can be deadly.

correct about stability I am assuming they have cichlids seeing as it was under that subject but I don't know

8 is fine for most fish imo
My saltwater is at 8
My freshwater planted is at 8
I know there are probably some fish that require special conditions but I don't know any of them

I have mixed African I just don't understand what "high level ph " is cuz there's a a ph test also

high ph test is for if the ph is too high to test with the ph test. In other words if you are at 8.0 the high test is what you want to use and the ph test is useless for you unless you have a big ph drop.

As I stated earlier

If your Ph is 6.0-7.6
Use the Ph one
If it is 7.4-8.8
Use high range

You said your Ph is 8 so test with high range test because if you use the other one it will max out at 7.6 on the test. and the other way around if your Ph was 7 you would have to use regular Ph because if you used the high range it would show 7.4 because it is the lowest

Understand?

As I stated earlier

If your Ph is 6.0-7.6
Use the Ph one
If it is 7.4-8.8
Use high range

You said your Ph is 8 so test with high range test because if you use the other one it will max out at 7.6 on the test. and the other way around if your Ph was 7 you would have to use regular Ph because if you used the high range it would show 7.4 because it is the lowest

Understand?

Pretty much this right here.

Do yourself a favor and just remember that if the pH is relatively close to being the same week after week, it's the perfect pH for what you want.

Contrary to (seemingly) popular belief, a stable pH is a good pH... except in rare circumstances involving breeding or very sensitive fish.

Agreed! As stated earlier stability is key! Most fish these days are tank bred and are raised in a lower pH then the "book" says. I had an issue where my tap dropped form 7.6 to 6.0 now that's an issue. Now I have to buffer and now my fish are fine. Case in point. Keep it stable and your fine. pH swings like I said before can be deadly. Check this out!! A matter of a couple hours!! Things went bad! Real bad!! I was able to save them all.

Cichlids in distress!!! - YouTube

Ok makes perfect sense doubt know y I count figure that out thanks every one

Back
Top Bottom